Sarnia Collegiate Institute & Technical School in 1965
SCITS is the heart of South Sarnia. It sits on 9 acres of land between Mitton Village and the Downtown core. For over 90 years, students have walked through the schools historic halls, performed in the biggest auditorium in the city and carried on the proud SCITS traditions.
Sarnia Collegiate opened as a small grammar school in 1851. In 1891, a new building called SCI was constructed on the site where London Road School now sits. In 1922, Sarnia Collegiate and Technical Institute was was officially opened as a new state of the art school.
It was built to last, built to grow with the city of Sarnia. To this day, the historic building on Wellington Street houses amenities no other school in the community has. A state of the art 850 seat auditorium, an indoor pool, and the beautiful architecture that matches its place as a pillar of the community.